We are excited to announce the #TangibleHope Digital Campaign and wanted you to be the first to know about it!
The past several months of conversations with Cooperation Circles and Affiliates have inspired us. The innovative ways you have been addressing the fear- and hate-based rhetoric and violence present in your communities give the world Tangible Hope that together we are cultivating cultures of peace, justice and healing by confronting fear and hate.
And, guess what?
We want to share this hope with the WORLD!
How will we do this?
By tapping into the powers of storytelling and social media, we will inspire people to create their own moments of Tangible Hope through sharing written and audiovisual stories on our social media channels using the hashtag #TangibleHope. This hashtag is one of our campaign's biggest assets and is the easiest way for YOU to participate. For more information about the power of hashtags in social media campaigns, click here.
#TangibleHope is a campaign of...
- GRATITUDE: You deserve recognition, so we are revamping our social media channels to amplify the work you're doing. We'll also be highlighting stories of #TangibleHope from other like-minded organizations to recognize and thank them for their work.
- AWARENESS: Your work tells incredible stories of values-based collaborations across all lines of difference. These stories change the hearts and minds of people who then turn around and change their own communities.
- ACTION: Hope spurs action. When others hear about the work you do, they will be inspired to create their own moments of #TangibleHope, ranging from community picnics to random acts of kindness.
Want to get involved? Here's how:
- Starting TODAY, use the hashtag #TangibleHope in your social media posts. Use #TangibleHope to "tag" stories or moments that highlight values-based collaboration across lines of difference on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and beyond. (If you don't know how to use a hashtag, click here for a tutorial.)
- Do you have a story of #TangibleHope in mind? Reach out and let us know about it, so we can share it with the world! Send Anissa an email at [email protected]
- Tell your friends, family and colleagues about this campaign.
- Forward this announcement to other members of your Cooperation Circle.
- Share the news with your e-mail list or in your next newsletter. We will send you sample social media posts and graphics in the coming weeks.
- Do you have contacts at other organizations we should invite to join the campaign? Email [email protected].
In the meantime, check out the stories that have been inspiring #TangibleHope around North America by clicking here and following us on Twitter at @urinorthamerica.
Stay tuned for more information on how to contribute your moments of Tangible Hope.