The Global Interfaith WASH Alliance (GIWA), was launched by UNICEF at UNICEF Headquarters under sponsorship of the Government of the Netherlands and USAID as the world's first organization that is bringing together the faith leaders of the world with the mission of ensuring everyone, everywhere has access to clean, healthy and sustainable Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH). Since that time, GIWA has become recognized as a leading force in the organizing of the faiths for the greater good.
GIWA's Endeavours Include
• Large-Scale Organizing of Faith Leaders, bringing together hundreds of some of the world's most prominent leaders for its Worship for WASH and Women for WASH Summits alone.
• Serving as a Nexus Between FBOs and Public/Private Sector Organizations For Improved WASH
• Disaster Risk Reduction and Response in India and Nepal
• Behaviour Change Communications
• Field Initiatives for WASH, including the provision of healthy water and toilets
• Education, from teaching the principles of WASH within remote Himalayan villages to a broader approach through its World Toilet College
• Policy Advocacy with world and domestic leaders